Private Duty Hiring Procedures
To hire an officer for a private security or traffic control detail, please:
- Complete the required Private Duty Request form
- Click "OPEN" to open the file
- After filling in all applicable fields, click the "SEND FORM AS EMAIL" button at the bottom of the form
- A window should pop up prompting you to send an email through your preferred email provider
- Click "SEND" to send the Private Duty Request form to NLPD Records
Apart from extenuating circumstances, all requests for private duty police officers are to be made as soon as possible prior to the date of the event. Last minute requests or requests made on the day of the job are not likely to be filled.
The rate for hiring an officer with a marked police car is greater than hiring an officer without a vehicle. Most traffic control jobs require the use of a police vehicle with emergency warning lights.
First time vendors or vendors with prior payment issues may be required to pay in advance.
In the event that there is an emergency situation after hours and an officer is required immediately, call the Shift Commander at (860) 447-5281 (Fax (860) 447-5279)
For questions regarding traffic laws, road closures, restrictions, etc. please contact the Traffic Officer at (860) 447- 5280.
Effective July 1, 2013, the billing rates for police private duty is as follows:
|Number of Officers
|| Number of Hours
Admin. Fee (30%)
| 1 Officer
| 1 Officer
- Hours in excess of four (4) and up to eight (8) will be billed as eight (8) hours.
- Hours in excess of eight (8), will be billed at $75.00 per hour plus a 30% administrative fee and any applicable taxes.
- Should your job require the use of a New London Police Department vehicle, the cost will be an additional $50.00 per hour plus any applicable taxes.
If there are any questions or concerns, please contact the New London Police Department Records Division at (860) 447-5282.
Sgt. Max Bertsch - Records Supervisor