New London Police Department's Fall 2016 Citizens' Police Academy
Have you ever wondered?
- What it would be like to respond to a police call?
- What do motor vehicle stops involve?
- If a real Crime Scene Investigator works like the ones on television?
- What happens when a citizen dials 9-1-1?
- What is Internal Affairs?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions – or if you would just like to know how a police department works…….this is your opportunity.
The New London Police Department’s Citizens’ Police Academy (CPA) program was developed to promote understanding and cooperation between the Department and the community we serve. The CPA is a 12-week program which gives our community members first-hand information on the role of police officers in the New London Police Department. The 2016 fall session participants will meet every Tuesday evening from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The program involves both classroom and interactive instruction.
The NLPD Citizens’ Police Academy curriculum retains all of the core elements essential for our participants to gain a better understanding of police operations. As a result of their participation citizens are able to make more informed judgments about the New London Police Department and its daily operations.
Our goal is to foster lasting relationships with members of our community and to create real partnerships with them that will enable us to work side-by-side on future projects to achieve mutual goals.
Class size is limited to 25 participants and registration is on a first come, first served basis.
Captain Brian M. Wright
Division Commander - Detective Bureau
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT CAPT. BRIAN WRIGHT (email@example.com).
Important information for interested applicants
• The Citizens' Police Academy is for personal enrichment and not for certification or employment purposes.
• Prior to submitting your application, please be sure that you are able to commit to the Academy schedule.
• The academy consist of 12-weeks for instruction/lessons which meet one night a week (Tuesdays) between 6:00 PM and 8:30 PM.
• REQUIREMENTS: Must be at least 18 years old and successfully pass a background investigation.
• Remember, this program is extremely popular and the class size is limited. Applications must be received at the New London Police Department no later than 11 a.m. Monday, August 01, 2016. Applications may be obtained in person at the New London Police Department or by clicking on the below link.
Listing files in 'Citizens Police Academy'
• First preference will be given to those who reside and/or work in the city.